If I contact my coaching course provider, will my accreditation be automatically updated?
In order to re-accredit the coach must have been:
- Involved in coaching, coach education or approved coaching-related activities;
- Be satisfactorily assessed by an accredited Course Provider or Assessor regarding the Code of Conduct, Ethics, Legal Responsibilities and Legislative Requirements signed for compliance at the time of Accreditation.
The coaching or coaching-related activities can be accomplished by:
- Practical coaching
- Involvement in coaching courses – e.g. as a presenter, mentor, assessor or author of resources; or,
- Self-education – within or outside the code
What If I forget to update my accreditation?
If re-accreditation does not occur during or at the end of the four year period, the coach who applies after their accreditation has expired, may be required to:
- 1. Re-do a course/s;
- 2. Complete specific aspects of a course; or
- 3. Complete specific activities to provide evidence coaching competency.
Updating/Reaccreditation is conducted through an accredited Rugby League Coaching Course Provider and monitored by the State/Regional Development Managers. Re-accreditations are considered on an individual basis.
Who is responsible for reaccreditation?
It is your responsibility to be aware of the expiry date of your accreditation and to update your accreditation when required.
You must complete the reaccreditation form (see link below) and return to your local NRL Game Development Officer or Coaching Course Provider.
To download a copy of the NRL Re-Accreditation paperwork, please click here.