Entry Level Coaching Courses
The National Rugby League has implemented a blended delivery of all entry-level coaching courses. Blended delivery refers to utilising different delivery methods in completing the required course modules/components. We have specifically developed an online component to help ease the time pressure placed on volunteers by limiting the face-to-face contact hours they have previously committed when completing a coaching course.
Candidates benefit from online learning:
- By learning at their own pace
- By learning at a time and place that suits their lifestyle
- Caters for different learning styles
There are two entry-level coaching courses:
- Modified Games Coach (MGC) 6-12 Years
- International Games Coach (IGC) 13+ Years
All entry Level courses are delivered in the following manner:
1. Online Modules (Each of these modules have assessment questions that the candidate must complete)
- The Role of the Coach
- Coach in Action
- Teaching and Coaching
2. Face-to-face Modules
Upon completion of the first two components, the candidate will qualify as a ‘Coach in Training’ which enables them to coach the relevant age group for a period of 18 months.
3. Practical Assessment
Coaches can be assessed through the following methods:
- Training Session Assessment
- Game-day Assessment
- Coaching Update Assessment
The candidate can be assessed by an approved mentor or qualified NRL Assessor.